Remodeling your home is an exciting venture–that unfortunately produces a lot of waste. To ensure a successful remodel, you need to be thorough when planning your project. In-depth planning should include preparations on how to properly dispose of waste from building materials.
In this post, Done-Right Roofing & Sheet Metal Ltd. shares five tips for proper remodeling waste disposal:
- Consider collapsible trash bins. This is a good option if you’re expecting a minimal amount waste. These trash bins can be easily purchased online, but you can also find them at your local hardware stores or waste management companies.
- Utilize a garbage disposal service. If you are expecting a significant amount of waste, reach out to your local garbage collection service to schedule a pickup. This may cost you more money, but the convenience may make it worth your while.
- Rent a roll-off dumpster. This is another great option if you’re expecting a lot of waste. Just ensure that you have adequate space on your property to fit the dumpster.
- Donate or keep the reusable items. Make time to separate non-recyclable waste from recyclable materials. If you have discarded products or items still in great shape, save them for recycling or donation. Donation stations usually take most items, including light fixtures, old windows and sinks.
- Hire a construction cleaning company. Post-construction cleaning is critical and should be done promptly. If you don’t have the luxury of time to do the cleanup yourself, call in professionals to handle the job. Make sure they are reliable, efficient and insured.
Request a Roofing Quote!
Are you looking for a residential or commercial roofer? Done-Right Roofing & Sheet Metal Ltd. provides exceptional service. Call us at (905) 875-2888 or fill out this contact form to request a quote.