If you’ve just had a new roof installed on your commercial property, you should start considering its maintenance. It is never too early for it as you’ll soon find that keeping a sturdy and well-performing roof is a year-round priority. Of course, you shouldn’t actually expect to do all the work yourself. To keep your system in good condition, make sure you have a comprehensive roof inspection and maintenance plan in place. The trusted flat roofing company in the area, Done-Right Roofing & Sheet Metal Ltd. shares why having one is important.
- Prevents serious damage from occurring. Your commercial roof sustains wear and tear due to its exposure to the harsh elements. But a major weather event is another thing altogether. Hailstorms, high winds, rainstorms, blistering sunlight, and snow loads can damage your system in different ways–and may accelerate its deterioration. Having a roof inspection and maintenance plan helps ensure that any damage suffered by your commercial roof is caught and dealt with promptly. By ‘nipping it in the bud’ so to speak, you can prevent any lasting roof problems that will most likely require extensive repair and restoration work.
- Saves you money. The fact is that roof damage takes money to fix. And the more severe the damage, the deeper you’ll need to dig into your pocket. With a roof inspection and maintenance plan, however, this will no longer be much of an issue. If the system does need repairs, they will often be quick and minimal, which means you get to save money.
- Avoid early roof replacement. Did you know that about 80% of roofs are replaced prematurely? No property manager wants a roof replacement so soon after the last one. This is where a good inspection and maintenance plan becomes especially handy. Because it allows you to spot the telltale signs of damage, you can stay ahead of any roofing problems. This means your roof will stay in tip-top shape, which in turn, allows it to provide decades of reliable weather performance.
- Extends the life of your commercial roofing. Given how a commercial roof installation is a major investment, you’ll want to make sure you can make the most of it. This means taking proactive measures, such as signing up for a roof inspection and maintenance plan, that can help prolong its life expectancy.
Now that you’ve decided on getting a commercial roof inspection and maintenance plan, it’s time to take a look at the finer details. What services should be included in the plan, for instance? A basic one generally comes with a yearly roof inspection, cleanup of roof drainage areas, and an inspection report. But a more comprehensive plan will have:
- Roof inspections performed at least twice a year.
- Customizable service to better fit your roofing needs.
- Ongoing roof repairs.
- Priority checkups and emergency repairs.
- Roof drainage cleanup and removal of accumulated debris.
- Caulking, sealing, and coating of flashing areas.
- A complete report following every inspection and maintenance.
- Before and after photos of any work done (useful for documenting issues that warrants filing an insurance claim).
Choosing the Right Commercial Roofer
Maximizing the life and performance of your commercial roof is simpler when you have a roof inspection and maintenance program in place. But how do you get started exactly? First step–looking for a dependable flat or metal roofing company that can offer a comprehensive service. There are plenty of contractors to choose from in the Ontario area, but not all of them can be a good match for your needs. You’ll need to narrow down your choices, which is easy enough. Here’s how:
- Get referrals from family and friends. Don’t knock this old-school method. Referrals can give you a clearer and more definite idea on how a given roofing company does business. Can they deliver good results? Are they easy to work with? You’ll get quick answers to these questions when you ask the people you know for a referral.
- Go local. There are many reasons to choose a local commercial roofer for the job. For starters, they make travel times negligible because they literally work near you. They’ll arrive on time for your roof inspection and maintenance, keeping the tasks on track and preventing unnecessary delays. Choosing a local roofer is also especially handy following a major weather event. Their proximity makes them convenient for when you need emergency roof repair.
- Check out their website. If you need to do a bit of background checking, visiting their website is the way to go. They may be a good choice if their website is professionally designed and has the necessary information. These may include contact details, updated content, an overview of services offered and client testimonials.
- Ask the right questions. A virtual meetup can give you a better understanding of the contractor you’ll be working with. After all, a commercial roof inspection and maintenance plan is not just a one-time thing. You’ll be seeing your flat roofing contractor a couple of times a year, so it pays to choose one that you’re actually familiar with. Here’s what to ask:
- Do you have the necessary qualifications? It’s important to hire a contractor who’s actually eligible to perform this type of work in your area. For instance, Done-Right Roofing & Sheet Metal Ltd. is fully licensed, bonded, and insured. We also have workers’ compensation and liability coverage for your greater protection. Not only that–we are certified by trusted industry names like GAF®, Henry DuraTac™, and Duradek™, as well.
- How long have you been in business? Roof inspection and maintenance are only as good as the contractor performing them. Done-Right Roofing & Sheet Metal Ltd. already has three decades of providing top-tier roof repair, inspection, and maintenance services to commercial property managers in the Campbellville area. You know you’ll always get superior workmanship when you choose us for the job.
- Can you provide a list of references? Reliable commercial roofers should have no qualms about giving an updated list of references. Done-Right Roofing & Sheet Metal Ltd. is more than happy to comply. We have always been confident about the quality of our work, and this is reflected in the starred reviews we continue to receive from pleased clients and our A+ Rating with the Better Business Bureau®.
Schedule Your Roof Evaluation
Aside from metal roofing installation, Done-Right Roofing & Sheet Metal Ltd. can handle your commercial roof inspection and maintenance needs. With our professional crew and unmatched services, we’ll make sure you get the most out of your system’s life and performance. Look no further for worry-free roofing services in Campbellville, ON and the Halton and Peel regions. Call us today at (905) 875-2888 or fill out this contact form to schedule your commercial roof evaluation.