Despite the costs and the many complexities involved with their installation, skylights remain a must-have addition for many Ontario homeowners. That’s because the advantages they can offer more than makes up for the extra effort and expenses. The premier vinyl siding company in the area, Done-Right Roofing & Sheet Metal Ltd., details more of the benefits–and drawbacks–of this particular home upgrade.
Why You Should Invest in Skylights
There are plenty of reasons to go forward with a skylight installation. This project, for example:
- Increases your home’s access to sunlight. This is probably its biggest advantage. By letting more sunlight into your home, skylights can provide any given room with a neater, more spacious look and feel.
- Helps boost your overall mood. Natural light has always been closely tied to good health. Thanks to skylights, you can increase your exposure to it, which in turn, helps improve your mood and sleep patterns.
- Adds to your home’s overall value. Skylights can solve any issues you may have with dark and stuffy rooms. Having them in place creates a brighter and more cheerful atmosphere. And because skylights are often considered a “must-have” feature, they help add equity into your home. Just make sure, however, that their installation is handled by a reliable skylight and roof replacement contractor like Done-Right Roofing & Sheet Metal Ltd.
- Lowers your energy costs. Having skylights installed allows for more effective daylighting. They help illuminate your home naturally in the daytime. Since you won’t have to rely as much on artificial lighting, you get to enjoy greater energy savings.
Why You Should Think About It More
Like most projects, skylight installation has a few downsides, including:
- Increased Costs. Skylight installation is made costlier because it requires alterations to your roofing structure. There’s also the matter of relocating wiring and other utility connections to better accommodate this upgrade.
- Susceptibility to damage. Skylights are extremely useful when it’s bright and sunny out, but harsher weather conditions can take a toll on them. Hail and wind-blown debris, for example, can break the glass and compromise their seal, which can result in water infiltration. If there are gaps and openings around the skylights, it’s possible that heating or cooling energy can escape through them.
But the thing is, most of these drawbacks can be mitigated by working with a trusted company like Done-Right Roofing & Sheet Metal Ltd., who not only carries tough and quality skylights from top brand, VELUX®, but also has the training and experience to install them perfectly right the first time.
Exceptional Skylight Installation Service
Done-Right Roofing & Sheet Metal Ltd. is not just your go-to commercial roofer–we are also the leading choice for high-quality skylight installation. With our superior options from VELUX®, we’ll help you keep a brighter and lovelier home. Call us today at (905) 875-2888 or fill out this contact form to schedule your consultation. We serve Campbellville, ON along with the Halton and Peel regions.