When you need hire a contractor for roof installation, there are a few things you should know and ask. Use this roof installation checklist to prepare.
- Is the contractor licensed?
- Is the contractor insured?
- How much experience does the contractor have? At least 20 years?
- Is a deposit required?
- Will the contractor load materials in the driveway, blocking the driveway?
- Will a trash trailer be left at your home overnight? If so, where will it be left?
- Will the crew cleanup at the end of each day to ensure your home and yard look nice overnight?
- Does the contractor offer a warranty? What type of warranties do they offer?
- Is the contractor a member of the Better Business Bureau? What is their rating?
- Will roof flashing be installed?
- What does the contractor need from you and your family during the day or is there anything you should or should not do?
- Ask what else you should expect during the day and overnight.
It’s important that you know all of these things so that you know ‘who’ you’re using and know what to expect during the roof installation process. Whether you need roof installation in cold weather, flat asphalt roof installation or other types of roof installation, Done Right Roofing can help. If you’re having a metal roof installed, we can explain the metal roof installation process to you; or if you’re having another type of roof installed, we can let you know exactly what to expect. We never dump surprises on you (although sometimes unforeseen issues can arise) and our contractors are licensed and insured.